It takes only a few seconds for someone to make up their mind about what type of person you are. ‘The Art of Small Talk’ offers guidance on coaching and making a winning first impression each time you meet new people. It’s a great way to learn the secrets of first impression management, to learn the art of what to say and what not to say, and to learn how to start a memorable conversation with anyone, anytime.
Who Will Benefit?
This course is for anyone looking to increase their ability to meet and greet new people and leave them impressed and with a positive impression of you wanting more. Ideal for those in management, or those who have a lot of face-time with staff and clients in sales positions, customer service positions, or for those involved in training.
What You Will Learn:
Part One: Small Talk Starting Point
- Initial assessment – challenges with interpersonal communication
- Defining small talk and the big picture of communication
- Understanding your chit-chat goals & why you should talk to strangers
- Finding your speaking voice
Part Two: Making the first move
- Choosing the order of topics
- Small talk helpers – starting phrases
- Keeping the ball rolling: Generating ‘flow’
- The Small Talk Recorder Sheet Exercise
- Going deeper in the conversation
Part Three: Group Dynamics
- Tips to use during the engagement of small talk in groups
- Reading the non-verbal cues and clusters of a crowd
Part Four: Building Solid Rapport
- The secret to speaking…is active listening!
- Opening your body to others
- Using NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) to gain rapport
- Using the 3Vs: what to say, and how to say it
- Using influencing gestures
Part Five: First Impression Management
- Assessing where you are now
- Some golden rules of first impression management
- Using powerful ‘social gifts’ in daily interactions
- The main 7 fundamentals of a winning first impression
- Body language and non-verbal communication for a positive vibe
- Handshaking the right way
- Managing non-verbal communication in the environment
Part Six: Meet the Public!
- Outing to apply new techniques and achieve personal goals
Part Seven: Increasing your Charisma
- Can charisma be taught?
- Qualities of a charismatic person
- The art of storytelling
- Creating your role-model
Part Eight: In Action – going forward in life
- Networking tips for business and pleasure
- Perfecting your short intro/elevator pitch
- Reviewing online profiles (optional) for business or social connections
This program includes a 3V workbook, interactive and dynamic coaching sessions, assigned homework both written and online, and a Certificate of Completion.
Required Investment in Time:
This customizable coaching program runs for a recommended minimum of 8 sessions. Session scheduling is flexible, although once a week or twice a month is common practice.
Please Contact us today for a free consultation via phone, online, or face-to-face in Toronto. Let’s get the conversation started to see if coaching is the right option for your communication improvement needs.