Do you feel you need a professional assessment of your current communication skills or those of your employees? How about potential new recruits? Wouldn’t it be nice to get an outside professional assessment?
Have a communication coach give yourself or your group a professional diagnostic communication assessment. It is important on many levels to understand where an individual’s communication strengths and weaknesses are, before one can start a new path forward in their career or personal life. 3V Communications assessments can be customized to your organization’s specific needs, and will focus on the interpersonal, professional and/or cultural communication requirements of the individual or group.
We offer assessments often used in the beginning of coaching programs (see Coaching page), as well as industry-specific candidate/employee English Communication Assessments that are used in partnership with your HR/Recruiting Department.
We have created successful English Communication Assessments for laboratory testing, membership club staff, financial institutions and policing, to name a few.
Popular Assessments Include:
1. Personal Communication Skills Assessment –
Helps you understand and identify through diagnostics where your communication strengths and weaknesses are, for both interpersonal and professional communications.
2. Personal Confidence Assessment –
Determines through diagnostics your strengths and weaknesses regarding personal and professional confidence, as well as confidence in communicating with others.
3. English Pronunciation Assessment –
Determines a non-native English speaker’s strengths & weaknesses in clear speech of North American pronunciation, stress and delivery. This is a must for anyone serious about reducing their accent.
4. English Communication Assessment –
Determines the proficiency of English communication in the workplace. This can be standard, ESL-specific or converted into an industry-specific assessment and tailored to your organization. It is effectively used as a recruitment tool to assess how proficient a candidate is in both formal and informal North American English, and to show areas that need attention. Candidates are tested beyond writing, speaking and listening comprehension.
5. English Communication Skills Assessment for Policing –
Determines the proficiency of English communication for the field of policing. This is an industry-specific assessment and can also be further tailored to a particular police service, upon request. It is effectively used as a recruitment tool to assess how proficient a candidate is in both formal and informal North American English, and to show areas that need attention. Candidates are tested beyond writing, speaking and listening comprehension. Also if an individual is thinking about going into policing for a career, or has applied, or has failed a police service-related communication test, this assessment will clarify communication strengths and weaknesses.
Who Will Benefit?
- Are concerned about marginalizing new immigrants or foreign workers who may be at a disadvantage with language/communication
- Wish to ensure that new hires or candidates for hire have a certain language/communication proficiency before the company invests further
- Need help identifying and evaluating employee language/communication skills
- Are job-hunting or in between careers
- Are new immigrants or foreign workers who are unsure of how their English and/or communication styles will fit into North American (work) culture
- Have been told to improve their communication skills at an employee review meeting
- Are unsure why they are not communicating with confidence and clarity
What Will You Learn?
You will learn specific information that will help you or your staff understand their communication strengths and weaknesses, and be able to set new goals to achieve a better communication portfolio for work or social life. As an individual you will know what you need to do to get to the next level of effective communication skills.
As a company/organization you will learn who are the best candidates for specific postings and what your employees’ communication strengths and weaknesses are, so they can be pointed in the right direction to improve quickly to aid in efficiency and productivity at work.
- Assessments can be arranged on an individual basis or as part of a mini-group. Assessments can be done on-site or off-site, at our venue.
- An assessment can take from 1 hour to 2 hours, depending on group size (if applicable) and type of assessment(s) requested.
- Multiple assessments can be run at the same time and on the same day, if desired.
- Companies can choose to have individuals pay for themselves or to be invoiced directly for completed assessments for their candidates or employees.
- A detailed Assessment Report is generated and emailed to the individual or Company/Organization Manager in charge